Monday, May 26, 2008

Happy Memorial Day...


It's Memorial Day again, and as usual, we here at SC6 are taking a minute to remind you why we have today off to shop and grill, and maybe go to the beach....
Don't forget, the day is to pay tribute to those who have served and died in defense of our country. Like we always say here, if you see a soldier today, tell them thanks. In my family, I'm honoring my dad and uncles who all served in WWII, including my Uncle Pete who died at the Battle of the Bulge, and my Cousin, Army Ranger Christopher Reino, who is currently in Iraq. Feel free to honor your family members and friends in comments....
.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My first name is a family name in honor of a relative who was a Revolution war general from SC. I had several relatives wounded or killed in the Civil war fighing against the army of northern agression. My grandfather fought with the rough riders. My stepdad spent WWll in the pacific Army Air Corp. My dad spent it in Charleston at the Navy base a civilian civil servant. Had a uncle that fought in D Day and survied Army. Had a uncle that was a Korean era veteran Air Force. One uncle who was in Japan shortly after the war in the then new Air Force. A cousin who served in Europe in the Air Force. A now deceased Brother in Law who was Army. I am a Vietnam era veteran who just happened to had been not only in the Air Force but also the Air Force Reserve, SC National Guard and the Army Reserve. We owe a lot to our military. It is so sad to see what a lot of people think of it. Because of them they can think that way.

Anonymous said...

it was also a good day for the Orioles to take down the Yankees 6-1 in Camden Yards. during that game, several moments of thanks and remembrance in honor of Memorial Day, which made it that much better!

God Bless the U.S.A.

Anonymous said...

Bobby anytime the Yankees lose is a good day. Maybe Mike want agree but go Mets.

Anonymous said...

i have no problem with the Mets, but I have to agree with the section next to me at Camden Yards on Monday when they started chanting "yankees suck". also heard them called the skankees.