Sunday, May 13, 2007

Day 9: Boy, That Ukrainian Beer Packs a Wallop!!


For Those of You Who Don't Read Russian, The Ad Reads "Baltica Beer - No One Here Gets Out Alive!!"...
Sorry gang, no pictures today. I got tired of looking like a total tourist with the camera all the time. That and I think if I got busted taking unauthorized pictures of strange women, they might throw me in jail. You'll just have to take my word - there are a lot of good looking women here, but you better speak Russian.
After watching hockey and soccer all day, I decided to get off my ass and go to Arcadia Beach again. I hadn't seen the Black Sea yet, so I took a late taxi. It was better last night. No rain, and the saturday crowd showed up. I stopped first at a bar that was like a big patio right on the water. It was cool, and there was a girl at the next table kind of checking me out - or maybe it's because I was staring at her. Anyway, she was talking to a guy there, so I skipped out and ended up at a disco with the thumping music, and 50 people dancing like Dieter on 'Sprockets'. I was as happy as a little girl............
I'm at the bar, and these two girls were dancing with each other, so I bought them drinks. Next thing i know, I'm buying drinks for everyone. They're like 2 bucks apiece, and i was way ahead on the budget, so what the heck! It was about after my 3rd Gin and Tonic, along with the 3 pints of Baltica, that I look to my right, and there is this giant bottle of beer, laughing at me. "I've got you!! haha!! You don't know it yet, but wait til you get back to the Hotel !!" Sure enough, I got the spins a bit. Usually, you drink water, but what do you do when even the locals won't drink it? So, I've a bit of a headache today. I know, 6 drinks isn't much, but I don't drink much anymore - that's about 3 months of drinking for me in 3 hours.
Today, I'm going to take it easy, and get ready for the trip.... See you soon!
.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try and slip one of those beers in your checked bags for Earl. Remember when you clear customs back in states you will still not be allowed to take on board all those bottles you will have them confiscated I promise. They must be in your checked bags. Just a reminder. The only way to beat it if you have a direct flight to Charlotte if that is where you left from then you should be ok. If you have to change flights on any American airline to reach your final destiation then you lose.

earlcapps said...

One? That's all I deserve? I'm shocked that you think so little of me, Moye.

Anonymous said...

It looked kind of big in the picture Mr. Earl.

Anonymous said...

tell the truth man! After reading all of these posts and all of the comments from your geeky friends, you were on one of those marraige buying trips over there in communist Europe. And for you to profess to be such an all American Republican, you seem much more like a commie leftist and for that matter a creep who cannot get a girl friend.

Anonymous said...

to anon 812 kiss ole mg butt.

earlcapps said...

amen, moye. heck, he's just having fun and getting to meet people.

but i think one of them ukranian chicks must've kidnapped him, since we haven't heard from him in a couple of days.

Anonymous said...

Actually he did not get kidnapped just detained for awhile. While on the way to the Silver Elephant last night I got a call from I - 77 . I'm back.

____________ said...

whats the weather like over there right now?

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Well, I'm back now. Actually, I had no time to see the weather. I was way too busy at the Communist Party meetings, and haggling with this girl's parents on how much I had to pay them for her.

Granted, in some aspects I might not be ideal. However, the girls in South Carolina might have the most misguided set of ideals on men that I've ever seen. Feel free to quote me on it. Not lowering my standards just to get laid doesn't make me a creep.

Anonymous said...

Costa Rica looking better.