Saturday, May 12, 2007

Ukrainian Pizza and Other Delights... I Think I'm Ready to Come Home...










Good timing , Bobby. I just had pizza last night. I've had worse - in Aynor - at Santini's Pizza - on Hwy 501.. Yeah, I know I've mentioned that before, but it bears repeating. Bad pizza man, bad pizza!




After a wasted day yesterday, and sleeping on the bed of nails known as my hotel bed, I'm in a foul mood. Valentina was busy with work - they had a Beauty Expo at her hotel, and the girls were unbelievable. I'd have taken pictures, but I was with Irina. On second thought , that shouldn't have mattered, because we hardly talked. She speaks English very well, but she and I didn't have much to chat about I guess, so that's over with. Here are the highlights....






this is the Dnipro Princess, a tour boat that goes from Kiev to Odessa. That's Irina walking 50 feet in front of me - generally not a good sign on how the date is going.












This is the Chapel for the Sailors. Odessa has a huge Naval Academy - it's like the Annapolis of Eastern Europe, and sometimes they don't come home. I'm surprised the Soviets never tore it down.







Well, we sat and watched the boats go by, before we decided this was going nowhere. I got a taxi, and the traffic was terrible. That's when his car (which he had to restart about 50 times because it kept stalling) finally overheated. No problem, he just jumped the car on the sidewalk, and tried driving there to cool it off! No dice. It died, and I got a free trip all the way to 3 blocks from the hotel!



As for today, I don't know . We'll see what's up with Val later on, and I'm going to get some Pepsi, and try to get some sleep! I almost forgot........



Yeah, it's just another picture of Brooke Burke, but she'll do in a pinch..

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

She may just be shy man.

Anonymous said...

Mike is there anyone you can sue over this trip.

Anonymous said...

are those black olives or o-rings from the space shuttle?

Thoroughbred 401k said...

I think those are the defective gaskets from Chernobyl...

It hasn't been that bad, Moye. I got plenty of rest, and I've seen a lot of stuff too.

Anonymous said...

That is the attitude Mike. Travel is always a experience but it should also be a adventure. When I go on vacation a lot of times in other countries I do a lot off the fly no groups for me and it has always worked out just fine

earlcapps said...

Don't worry about it ... anyone who does not appreciate the greatness that is Mike Reino ... probably is Jim Clyburn or someone associated with him.

Anonymous said...

I want Brooke