Monday, May 07, 2007

SC6 Live from Odessa - Eat, Drink, and Bring a Spring Jacket !!




The Sun is out, and it's a beautiful Monday here in the Ukraine. Of course, you guys are still sleeping! Yesterday was the first day out for me. I met my friend Valentina and her interpreter (who was pretty cute as well), and we went for an authentic Ukrainian dinner. I didn't bring a jacket, and the girls said I had to get one, or I would get sick. Funny, my ex never gave a damn if I didn't wear a coat...


On to the restaurant... I wanted a Coke (I haven't seen Pepsi here at all), but they said that Coke is bad for you, so they suggested that I have Kvas. It's some kind of fermented bread drink that looks like Coke, but it definitely is not Coke! Not terrible, just okay. These girls then went ape shit on the menu - I had Borscht with Garlic knots, Salad, Chicken Ravioli, Potato Latkes , Fish and Cheesecake w/ cherries. Then I exploded...... The total? $62 , including tip for all three of us.


Being late on Sunday, most of the city was closing, so we made a quick stop at a museum, and took some pictures. Today, we hook up again for more fun, and a bit of sightseeing. Here's a picture from dinner..
Not too shabby, eh ???
Be back tomorrow !!!!!!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

not shabby at all.

Anonymous said...

In St. Louis not Odessa. Was wondering when I commented earlier I was at the Charlotte airport. What book is that on the table you are at Dr. Suess.

earlcapps said...

You bringing her back from your Ukrainian shopping trip?

Anonymous said...

Earl maybe Mike can bring me one back. I just got free for the Silver Elephant seems no baby sitter available in Manning next Monday night not unless you will be over that way. Oh well someone needs a extra ticket.

Anonymous said...

looks like you're havin a good time, and she's smokin'...you keep up the good work son! well, it's 5:30 a.m. there, so i'm going to bed. have fun Michael!!!

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Moye, it's a card from a Ukrainian cartoon. They are like the Barney and Teletubbies of Odessa!

Anonymous said...

One more question is Valentina wearing a leopard skin top. Meow.

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Yes indeedy, mister!

Anonymous said...

yea