Sunday, May 06, 2007

Greetings From Cloudy Odessa!! Geez, You Guys Worry a Lot..


I made it..... now stop worrying! This is the view from my balcony at the hotel. The flat building is the famous Privoz Market. It looks a lot like the Charleston Market, but they don't have any Gullah ladies selling baskets for $175!! I got in yesterday afternoon, and it took a while to get straight.
The travel went better than expected. I hadn't gone through customs before, so i was pretty stupid. I told them I wasn't hiding anything, but they didn't believe, so my ass still hurts a little...The flight from Charlotte was great. The Airbus 330-a has everything. Personal radio stations, two movies, and drinks every five minutes. The Sat Nav on the TV screens is pretty good too. There were only two problems: I sat in the back row for all the flights, and I almost lost my Ziploc bag with my prescriptions in it. The Cust. Svc. girl in Vienna told me it wasn't there (BS), so I went back to the gate myself, and they had it.
The last leg from Vienna to Odessa was funny. You have to get on a shuttle to the plane. It was an Boeing 737, but it was still in good shape. Ukrainians are funny. When the plane lands, they all clap - like it's a miracle they made it!
I missed the currency exchange at the hotel, so I had the doorman take me to one to get some Hryvnia. I can hear a new P. Diddy song - "It's All About the Hryvnia, Baby!!". When we got back, the other doorman asked me I needed a girl.......I'll pass on that right now.
I'll go for now. my hour on the internet is about up. I'll see more of the city today, so see you tomorrow!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is not traveling great. I fly to STL then Lax then back to FAY this week. I would trade them all to be able to take my boat through the locks and on to Charleston for a day. Anyhow this is not about me you have a good time Mike and maybe you should think about that offer. Just a thought I just rolled out of bed. Keep us posted if you can. Safe travels.

Anonymous said...

This is not Odessa Texas is it.

Anonymous said...

see what happens when you take drugs with you...

earlcapps said...

Ain't that in the south ... the "dixie" ... of Ukraine? Yeehawwww ... have a ball, dude.

Anonymous said...

somewhere, clyburn's people are celebrating, and looking how they can get someone with ICE to bar your re-entry to the united states ... or make it as difficult as possible.

watch out mike. the comrades are over here now, and hard at work. your ass is in their sights.

Thoroughbred 401k said...

If this is Odessa, Texas they sure do talk funny! A few observations in my next post.......

Anonymous said...

Who needs to talk.

Anonymous said...

yea