Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Odessa Day 4: I Do the "Tourist Thing"...





Check It Out, Earl......... They Sell Beer Right In the Street !!






With yesterday being the set-up day for the rest of the week, I decided to do the dull thing and see the sights. Yes, Bobby - I got a picture of Vorontsov Lighthouse. Being about 300 years old, nearly every building in Odessa is a historical landmark, so i tried to discriminate and cut down time. By the way, I ran out of black clothes, so everyone knew I was a tourist. Here's a few highlights.............








As soon as I got out of the cab, this guy came up. My first thought was, "Why is Gary Sinise in Odessa holding a monkey?" So, I haggled him down to $2 to take his picture. I told him make the monkey gets 50%. There are also guys with snakes , lizards, and a man dressed like Nikolai the Great.









This is a statue of Julius Caesar, who discovered Odessa in the late 15th Century, right before he was defeated by the Vikings and banished to Bolivia....

















Here is the Famous Opera House, where Abraham Lincoln was shot by Lee Harvey Oswald, thus ending the Spanish-American War. Guess it took awhile.....















And of course, the Alamo. You can tell it's the Alamo by the cannon in front. I need to check on some of these things the tour guide told me. By the way, there is no basement in the Alamo. Large Marge told me so!!





And lastly, the ladies. I could probably waste 10 rolls of film on women walking around this town. Generally, they dress a bit trashy, and they like the peroxide too much, but most of them are thin, and I like 'em skinny!!














Okay, my hour of Internet time is up........ Do Pobachennya!!

4 comments:

earlcapps said...

Sounds like they've got the right idea.

By the way, there are some comments you've just gotta read on my blog.

Anonymous said...

You sure you like em skinny or just like em. Staying here at LAX airport tonight at the Embassy. No one offered me anything yet. See all you can man you deserve it for sure.

Anonymous said...

beer on the street earl ok

Anonymous said...

Ukrachicks!