Tuesday, May 08, 2007

I'll Never Complain About Enterprise Again.... AKA, My Feet Hurt !


You are looking LIVE !! at the famous Privoz Market in Odessa - where you can get anything from shoes, to shoes, to flowers, to shoes, to bottles of soda, to shoes. This was the only thing I got a chance to take pictures of yesterday, because nothing went right!
I had plans: get the rental car, hook up with Valentina and get in touch with the other girl I know. Alas, the best laid plans of mice and men........ did I say laid? Oops! Well, the first taxi drivers cra died a block after I got in. The second was fine - I thought he was saying 60 hryvnia, but he was saying 16 - about 3 dollars. Well, the building that was the right color and address looked like Al-Zarqawi was hiding in it, so we kept driving. I finally found Sixt Rental, which was in a garage owned by a couple guys who looked like the Russian Mafia - and they did not like me. Well, the person who runs the place was not in yet (or she was dead), so I left. Of course, my taxi was long gone by then.......
Thus began the great trek. I had no idea where I was going exactly, but I was pretty sure i was going towards downtown. I made it there, but I still had no idea where I was, so I gave in... Forgive me guys, I HAD TO USE A MAP !!!!! There I was, sitting on the corner, like an idiot, while everyone was yelling, "Stupid American, Stupid American!! Bush is Bad" - OK, not really. At least I had the foresight to bring the map. It turns out I was on the right street to get back to the hotel - lucky me. By that time I still hadn't heard from either girl (Valentina had to work, and Irina will call today), so I called it a day, and iced my knees off.
Dinner at the hotel was good - salad, marinated chicken, cocoanut covered fruit with ice cream and green tea - $20 with tip. Yummy! I also found a store that sells Pepsi. That's it for today. See you all soon!!
.

8 comments:

earlcapps said...

... just kidding, you evil Pee Dee fiend.

Anonymous said...

I used Sixt Rental before they like no one. I was going to ask if you found the Pepsi yet bet it was good. Did some research on where you are at you may want to get out the CIA fact book said the life expectancy of our kind is only a little over sixty really and the birth rate is not replacing the population and the immigration rate in other words soon no one will be left except a few and those will die young think about it. Have a better day today.

Anonymous said...

go find the store that sells women and get laid! better luck (tomorrow here) later today there.

Anonymous said...

Look for some historical items cheap like war relics, they should have a great supply. And may I recommend the ballet. Enjoy, becareful and give us some more gals we need in SC updates.

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Taking war relics is a big no-no. Is this one of Clyburn's staffers trying to get me in trouble? Why not take a Dragonov Rifle. I must be getting paranoid.....

earlcapps said...

Bobby - would that be a store that sells them, or rents them?

Anonymous said...

Maybe an SVD sporterized version like the Medved or one of the Kalishnikov action (semi)automatic shotguns... just can't take it in the carrion luggage. A Makarova or two or three as throwaways might be an option though.

Anonymous said...

West_Rhino I got my concealed weapon permit with a Makarov 9 MM made in the Soviet Union and bought by the way legally in Florida after the Iron Curtain fell. They flooded the market. The USSR Military Officers carried them as side arms. A very accurate side arm for a few feet over 15 feet it will loose its accuracy quickly so if you use it use it at very close range. Then again if you need longe range a pistol is not the item. Just some thoughts.