Monday, November 30, 2009

America Awaits Our Next Move in Afghanistan..





Tomorrow, Barack Obama will outline our military's next move in the War on Terror in Afghanistan. And millions of Americans await his plan, myself being one. You see, my Cousin Christopher is in the 82nd Airborne, and he's been back from his first tour in Iraq for about 12 months now.... That means whereever we are going , he will likely be the first to go again. They don't call them the Tip of the Spear for nothing.....






I'm no expert on military stuff. But, watching history, I can safely say that an Iraqi-like surge is not a guarantee for success. Compared to the Afghans, Iraqis are pussies.... They've been at war for centuries. The terrain is much, much harder to take. We are as tough as ever, and I have no doubts about our ability, but Afghanistan will be much, much tougher to win, and 40,000 extra troops seems insufficient, which is what Obama is rumored to have OK'd..






There are two things I like to know for sure before I do them: one is knowing a girl will say 'yes' if I ask her out.... the second is winning a war before I go in. I'm not sure total victory is an absolute here. I go back to it all the time, but watch 'Charlie Wilson's War' to get an idea of what the Afghan people are like. War is second nature to them. We shouldn't do nothing, but there are options. Meanwhile, thousands of families of soldiers like Chris wait for the orders to march. How will it turn out, Gust?





We'll See .........
.

No comments: