Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Happy Veterans Day ....


It's Veterans Day. The nice thing about Veterans Day is that we remember and thank those who sacrificed and are still here. Too often we thank those in the military when they are no longer here to know we appreciate them. With this week's tragedy at Fort Hood, I think it would be extra special if we thanked those close to us who serve or served. For me, that would be my Dad, all my uncles and my Cousin Christopher in the 82nd Airborne, as he prepares for another likely trip to the Middle East.
Leave your well wishes and thanks in the comments. If not, if you see a vet today, tell him/her thanks - or else!
.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mike--I think it would be great if everyone who reads this went to all the veterans and tell them a simple thank you. I think it would bring a lot of smiles to a lot of deserving men and women.

On behalf of the SC6 District GOP please allow me to say: Thank you veterans!!...Tom Grimes SC6 Chairman