Monday, November 02, 2009

Private College President: A Nice Way to Pull Down Seven Figures ...


I Wonder How Much Jack Dean Wormer Made at Faber ....
Speaking of people who are grossly overpaid for the job they do..... There is an article in the Chronicle of Higher Education today that lists 23 private college presidents who are all making over a million dollars a year. The head the class, as you might call her is Shirley Ann Jackson who has led Renssaelaer Polytechnic Institute - better known as RPI - in Troy, New York. Last year, she made a whopping $1.6 Million. My question is this: if any of these private colleges get Federal aid at all, can we limit their pay as well if they fail?
I was planning on listing a bunch of them, especially if any were in South Carolina, but there was a glitch. I was hoping that Chronicle for Higher Education was a watchdog group for responsible spending in education, but it's a website that is more like an insider's clearinghouse for information and jobs. They're actually proud of this... So, if I wanted to read the entire article, I had to pay a subscriber fee to do so. F.U. too .... If you want to read it, just Google Chronicle of Higher Education. Now, since I teased you with a picture, here's what you probably REALLY want to see......
.

8 comments:

west_rhino said...

So where's the White House pay czar on this one? College presidents making more than the coaches, what is thos country coming to?

Thoroughbred 401k said...

I like that, Rhino. I like it a lot....Does Spurrier still make more than Sorensen?

earlcapps said...

Just remember Mike, fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life.

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Well Earl, I can always lose weight and quit drinking. I'm afraid the last one is forever...

west_rhino said...

Was it over when the Germans bombed Graham Slough?

Thoroughbred 401k said...

I must have been there that day, because I got bombed once at Graham Slough....

Anonymous said...

Only once Mike? Come on now, I'm sure Moye could enlighten us to more than once?...teg

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Nope, only been to The Slough twice, and I was straightedge the first time.