Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Smoking Ban Almost Passes in Flotown .....

Whoa, Whoa, WHOA !!!!!!!!!! Cigarettes - No Smoking Cigarettes ..



The great debate of our time - banning smoking in restaurants and other public areas - came to a head this week in Florence, as the Florence City Council voted down a ban on it by a 4-3 vote. Smoking really is one of those hair-splitting issues. Personally, I have never smoked cigarettes - HA, thought you had me in a lie there, didn't you! - but I know a lot of smokers. I basically do have one problem with not allowing a co-worker to smoke. Depriving a person of their nicotine addiction turns them into total raving a-holes! It's true, and I've seen it with my own eyes......




Seriously, I have to spend 10 hours a day with this nutjob, and you're gonna take away the only thing that keeps me from killing him/her? I think i might rather deal with the second hand smoke than a Jones that makes a crackhead look serene.... Sure, i'd like to live in a smokefree world, and not have my clothes stink like an ashtray after a night out, but this is America.... I'm not allowed to have it all anyway, because someone will take it or tax me for it, right?




My friend Phil's mom had a bumper sticker on her car a few years back. It read "I Smoke - I'm Not a Second Class Citizen", or something to that effect. Maybe they are, maybe not. I guess I'm saying I don't really care if Florence has a smoking ban or not - I'll adjust anyway. I worry more about our freedoms to do legal things than whether or not my clothes stink. Speaking of legal - or not........




www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIEvHCyb4Ms&feature=related



.

6 comments:

pluvlaw said...

If we can't ban smoking...let's not ban smoking...of any naturally growing plant.

Anonymous said...

Plulaw-I think you and I could both agree on that. Wait a minute that's called bi-partisanship! Oh God we can't have that happen here can we?...teg

Anonymous said...

P-Luv-I think we have just found an issue that we both can agree on. Yes I know its called bi-partisanship, guess it's a Inglis-Graham moment.Don't worry it can't last to long...can it?..teg

pluvlaw said...

If marijuana could heal the riff between republicans and democrats, could anyone ever question its medicinal magic???

Thoroughbred 401k said...

I know Ms. X would agree with you two on that one, although she's not into politics that much....

pluvlaw said...

Another plus for Ms. X...