Thursday, November 12, 2009

If You Were Dying on the Side of the Road ..


A True Story of the Author's Recent Experience in New York.....
Yes, this actually happened to me. I'm driving on Sunrise Highway at 6:30AM Saturday, on my way to work, when suddenly, there are cops blocking the left and center lanes of the road. I pass about ten cop cars and see - nothing. Weird..... Life goes on.
Sunday morning, I'm reading the paper to find out what I had just passed. Apparently, there was an accident on the other side of the highway involving three occupants. The police has stopped them at 3:30AM that morning, and two of the people in the car said that the third person kicked his way out of the back glass and ran from the scene, fearing that, as a recent parolee, he would be arrested at the scene. The cops let them go, and had the car towed....
Well, what actually happened was two of them had been drinking , and got a ride home from the driver. He wrecked, and the third guy flew out of the back glass and either fell into or was dumped into the small area between the two guardrails on the highway and left for dead, which he did. The space between the rails couldn't be more than two feet across. His body was found by another driver three hours later, as I passed it. With friends like that........
.

No comments: