Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving: A Day of Traditions....


Looks Like the Indians - I Mean Native Americans - Got a Seat at the Kiddie Table That Year .....
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone, and I hope you had better things to do than read this blog today. If not, may better things await you in the future.... As for me, I'll be going to Joe's brother's house to celebrate the day. It seems like I spend the holidays at someone new's house every year. Such is the life of a political and social gypsy......
But, even for people like me, there are constants that remain year after year, no matter where I am on Thanksgiving Day. There's always the Macy's Parade, which I've never been to. Then there are local things, like WPIX always showing Laurel and Hardy's 'March of the Wooden Soldiers'. They almost skipped it, but thanks to lots of angry viewers, it will air today. lastly, for those folk/rocker/dope smoker buddies of mine, there is Arlo Guthrie's Alice's Restaurant. Since we always like to be a little different, here is the clip of the song:
and.... Part II
and...... Part III
.

1 comment:

limo hire said...

Happy thanks giving to all.......