Sunday, May 09, 2010

SC6 Goes the Outlaw Blog Route ??

Well, They DID Call Me 'El Guapo' In College ....

I did consider saying 'SC6 Goes the Rouge Blog Route', but we try to avoid any tie-ins with Sarah Palin at this point.... So, what exactly am I talking about here? Well, we've noticed a few things in recent months. Some of it goes back a year or two, and some of it is relatively new, but it appears that the SCGOP and some of it's flunkies at the local level have decided that I am tainted goods - Pariah Carey, you might say.

No, we were never the darling of the party, but my recent dustup over not being contacted by anyone over a '6th District Event' seems to have started an unofficial boycott of yours truly... I pull no punches.. Yes, I wrote on P-Luv's blog that I was pissed off and considered writing a post called 'F**k the SCGOP' - uhh, but I didn't. Well, someone pulled that comment, and had the kindness to forward it to everyone they knew in the party, including all the county chairs in the 6th District. None of them have had the cajones to ask me about it, or beg me to resign - they've just asked everyone else to ask me. Courage comes is many forms, and this isn't one of them...

What most have done instead is to just monitor my blog for dirt, but ingore me in all other cases. Whatever good I usually do for the party,which is a lot actually, isn't asked for anymore. And all events that I probably would or should be asked to help in get blown off too - even if I offer to help. Yeah, they're using other blogs to try and get their stuff out, but everyone knows that I'm the one who started Pee Dee political blogging, I'm the one who actually cares about it, and I have the numbers to back it all up....

Granted, i'm not speaking of all people in the party. Those who read SC6 and ask for my asisstance know who you are - keep it coming. But, when Wes Donahue quits doing PNN, and suddenly, my blog posts stop getting linked, you know someone has decided that I'm damaged goods - The Bad Boy Blogger From Florence, as Katherine Jenerette so correctly put it....

No big poop here, folks. Do I need the SCGOP? Hell no. Do they need me? Not at all - they can always find someone to be their cheerleader, even if they call them RINO's 24/7..... In fact, this could be the best thing. Not that I ever stopped from criticizing anyone, but people can wrongly think that I'm a stooge for the Party. Nothing is further from the truth, and that's why people read this stupid blog of mine..... SC6 is still a top blog in South Carolina, despite all the obstacles that should have made it disappear almost a year ago. We try to be fun, intelligent, and fun all at the same time, but honesty is what got us here, and that's what it will always be - your independent REPUBLICAN Voice of Reason....

In the meantime, we muse about the meaning of the word Plethora, turning 40, and getting women to 'open their flower'.....

www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6E682C7Jj4

.

9 comments:

pluvlaw said...

Local symptoms of a National disease. Differing opinions and viewpoints make a group stronger, not weaker. I guess that "big tent" the GOP is always talking about is getting roomier and roomier...

Thoroughbred 401k said...

The big tent is fine, as long as everyone keeps their mouth shut.. When you were one of only five people who voted for someone, it makes it easy to focus the bullseye.

All I've ever tried to do is impart the wisdom of someone who's been there, but like your kids, they don't listen, they resent you for it, then maybe eventually, they realize you were right..

mg said...

I never got a copy of the post you are talking about. The comment on pluvlaw blog. Wonder why they left me out of this. Sorry pluvlaw I do not read your blog very much but I may start. I have a couple of times but you are so much a Democrat. Now back to you Mike. Mike I need you to post my meeting this Thursday you have the details. I aint scared of them other guys.

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Moye, sending it to you would be a waste of time, and they know it. You know me, faults and all..

I'll post it Weds..

Anonymous said...

Mike-while some may not want to include you in their mailing listof upcoming events, you know I always will. So let me give you a scoop. I am working in getting a rather large name in SC Republican politics to attend one the county meetings later this summer. Who you might want to ask? Where? When?

Well in order to be ahead of everyone else you will have follow SC6 because I will announce here before I do anywhere else. Keep up the good work Mike and enjoy the weather up there today (what is it 40 degrees today??)...teg

Katherine Jenerette said...

Mike, if the "Blog" fits...Go on with your bad boy self.

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Aww, Shucks, Katherine!! Call me a Bad Boy again...

west_rhino said...

Okay, we know whose biotch Mikey is...

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Rhino, I don't think I've ever seen you use the word 'biotch' before... But I'd be KJ's biotch anytime !