Saturday, May 22, 2010

SC6 Music Pick: SC Native Trevor Hall ....


Like some others of us, you have to leave the Palmetto State to hit the Big Time. Case in Point? Rocker and SC Native Son, Trevor Hall. Wikipedia doesn't list where exactly he's from - after all, we're just one big redneck area, right? I'm not surprised they didn't just put 'From Down South' - but I think he's from the Beaufort/Hilton Head area. In fact, his family is still there, he just left to go to Music School in California..... and it paid off.




Hall's sound is distinctly South Carolina: a little Jack Johnson, a little Matisyahu, with an electric sound behind it...I heard the song on 101.9 WRXP here in New York, and I liked it. When the DJ said he was an SC Native, I knew it was making the blog... See, even from 700 miles away, we find Palmetto State stuff none of the locals do. Yes, we DO kick ass..... This is called 'Volume'. Enjoy....



www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hd1Z3B2KC4&feature=related


.

No comments: