Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Bad News Always Happens in Threes: So long to Barney Fife, The Night Stalker, and McCloud.

A little bit of the childhood of people my age was lost this week, with the deaths of Don Knotts, Darren McGavin and Dennis Weaver. How many times have we used the expression "Nip it in the Bud...Nip it , nip it, NIP IT." at work? I didn't like A Christmas Story as a kid, mainly because I couldn't stand that Messy Marvin kid, but thanks to TBS, I have found the genius of it over the years. As far as McCloud, all I remember is that Dennis Weaver seemed really cool. How many detectives get to ride a horse??
The scary thought is that I'm getting older, and worse, that I'm beginning to sound like my Dad. The legends of our youth eventually die, and they are replaced with legends like Justin Timberlake and Hillary Duff . Don't laugh, 50 years from now, it will be that way.

No comments: