Saturday, February 04, 2006

They Don't Hold Back in Berkeley County !!!!!

This morning, I attended the Berkeley County Breakfast in Goose Creek. I got to speak for about 5 minutes, and I gotta say, I probably gave my best speech yet - no giant feat!! All the local canddiates attended, and the highligh was a Q&A type debate between County Chairman candidates Jim Rozier and Ed Fennell.
Now, I've tried to follow the rule, " Always speak well of fellow Republicans". It's not always easy when Gary McLeod is slanderizing you constantly, but I try. I'm not sure if Mr. Rozier and Mr. Fennell ever heard this, because these two went after each other like the other guy stole his watch. Kickbacks, legislation to inflate their personal property values - you name it... This was a no holds barred smackdown like I'd never seen in a primary before. It had to be broken up twice with other speakers to cool these guys down.
I always thought Charleston County was the biggest arguers, but that torch has been passed, and I hope nobody tries to take it away any time soon. All that , and breakfast for $5, I'd say I got my moneysworth!!

No comments: