Friday, February 24, 2006

Warning!!!! Frank Willis' Radio Ads Really Stink!!

Driving through Flotown, I got to hear Gubernatorial candidate and overall Lightning in a Bottle Frank Willis' new radio ad on 970 JMX-AM today. To quote a line from the Blues Brothers, "They are bad, I mean they SMELL BAD!!!".
Like the electric press releases he sends out, they criticize Mark Sanford ( TIME magazine, doesn't play well with the legislature, blah, blah.). However, he doesn't say what he would do, just that " alot of people are saying he'd be a great Gov." If any of them were outside of the Florence Chamber of Commerce, I'd be surprised. Half a million dollars should buy better ads than that.

Franco, take it from someone else running against an incumbent - You don't win on, "Vote for me, I'm not the other guy."

I also saw a billboard for House candidate Kris Crawford , who's slogan apparently is " He's For Us". Boy, I sure hope so! Among his rejects were, "He's a People Person" , "The Tests Came Back Negative", and " I'm a Doctor, So I'm Smarter than You." Granted, my slogans "Bringing Common Sense to Congress" and "Building Bridges that Matter" aren't gems, but take more than 30 seconds before putting it on a 38 foot billboard.


1 comment:

Chip said...

I finally heard one in Charleston today. Ah, the smell of attack ads...