Saturday, February 11, 2006

More Poop From the Campaign Trail............

Today was the Lowcountry Republican Breakfast Club ( no Molly Ringwald ) meeting at Kelly's BBQ on Hwy 78. Before I start, the spread at Kelly's is outstanding!! There was everything under the sun on that buffet line. Anyway, the highlight of the meeting was the debate between the three GOP Treasurer candidates: Rick Quinn, Greg Ryberg and Jeff Willis.
Some of the people running for these statewide posts are in way over their head , but the three in this race are pretty sharp. Willis will have a hard time being an outsider ( he doesn't come from the Midlands, and doesn't hold a post), but it's never stopped me. All these men have some definite ideas of what the Treasurer's Office needs to do, although I might not agree with all of them. I'm glad that it's not just three guys whose slogans are, " I'm Not Grady".
Perhaps the brightest spot was that they were very cordial and respectful of each other. Thank God there were no character assassinations today - hopefully, it will stay that way. I fully expect the winner to have the support of the other two. Sorry, Dems - no fracturing here!

No comments: