Monday, February 27, 2006

The Cops in Reevesville are the Best !!!

I got pulled over tonight for the first time in 15 years. On the way back from Bamberg, I hit a speed trap in Reevesville. I was busy keeping an eye on the deer jumping all over the place, and I was clocked doing 45 in a 35 zone. My advice for you is to make sure you are well prepared in case you are stopped, or you will get asked a million questions like I did tonight. Here are a few:

.1. What's the clear liquid in the cup on the rear floor? Water I had for my dog 2 days ago.

2. What's in this bag? Change of clothes.

3. What's in this Bag? Overdue library books I'm dropping off for a friend.

4. What's in this Bag? Trash that a co-worker threw back there Thursday.

5. What's with all the hangers? I dropped off dry cleaning today.

6. What's the piece of rubber that looks like a heroin tie? An exercise strap my chiropractor gave me for my knee.

7. Where is your insurance card? Uhhhh.......

8. Do they have Republicans around here? Not in Bamberg !

How I got away with just a verbal warning is beyond me. Luckily , my label sticker was still on my suit. Needless to say, I'll be cleaning out my car tomorrow.

No comments: