Monday, February 13, 2006

New Duets Album....... Clyburn and Bono ??



Some things just have to be seen to be believed......... And I thought the pics of Jim in his golf shorts were disturbing!! I doubt meeting Jim was up there for Bono with jamming with B.B. King for the first time, but the man's got a job to do. You think Jim knows any of the words to "Vertigo"? If I was Jim, I'd have asked to swap specs for a minute - the look might be good for him!!

Am I jealous? Absolutely! Jim barely knows Bono from Sonny Bono from the Lucky Charms Leprechaun, but I guess it helps his Q rating..... With that in mind, here is my guess at Jim's favorite U2 songs:

I Will Follow ( Nancy Pelosi)..

All I Want is You(r Taxes).

With or Without You ( I'll Build that Bridge).

Angel of Harlem ( Ode to Bill Clinton).

Lemon ( His View of the Bush Administration).

Silver and Gold ( The PAC and Lobbyist Song).

Bad ( Self Explanatory).

Vertigo ( His apparent fear of high returns on the Social Security Fund).

Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For........... A Democrat Majority, President and a Cabinet Position for Myself, so I can give my job to my Daughter.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

But what do you think of Bono's campaign to forgive the debts of African nations?

His point being that these nations end up taxing their people at high rates to service the debt, ultimately keeping their economies from being able to flourish.

Their inability to grow their economies ends up costing us more than forgiving their debts.

Thoroughbred 401k said...

I've always applauded Bono for his humanitarian work, and I'm a huge fan. I picked those songs from the 7 U2 cd's in my collection, which goes all the way back to War.
We have the same type of problem in Marion and Williamsburg Counties. Car taxes are triple those in Florence County. I would like to see some type of bilateral debt forgiveness. It's a little ridiculous that African countries owe us money, but we owe China and Japan trillions also. Lets whittle the whole debt structure down, and lower the interest expense.

earlcapps said...

bono has cooler glasses than clyburn, hands down.