Monday, February 15, 2010

Dear Gresham, Please Stop Calling Me....


Dear Gresham,
Hey, it's me, Mike Reino.... I'm not sure if you remember me, but we both were running for Congress in 2004. I met you at the State Convention. You were addressing the delegates, and I got to be there. No, I didn't think it was fair either, but you snooze, you lose, right?
Anywho, I wanted to drop you a quick note, and ask for a small favor. You see, I got four phone calls from you today. Not you actually, but four of your robocalls... No, I wasn't at dinner, I was at a place a bit more important than being interrupted at the dinner table. It was my job... You see, if I get an assload of calls while I'm working, then my bosses get ticked, and then I don't have a job, then I won't be able to get dinner interrupted by robocalls from politicians four months before Election Day - because I won't be able to afford to eat. Catch my drift here?
I know, you're a Congressman, and you guys think we are just waiting to hear from you every day, but we really don't give a shit about you - at least until about 2 weeks before the Primary. Yeah, it's typical Washington fashion to piss away money four months before anyone's paying attention, so I kinda understand... Seriously though, I currently don't have to put my cellphone on vibrate at work, and i'd like to keep it that way. And while you're at it, ask the SCGOP to stop giving my phone number to everyone without permission. Thanks, and good luck!
Mike Reino
.

1 comment:

mg said...

Answer them if you can. Gresham is a good guy but so is a lot of them. Did you know my Nephew, Brother in Law and sister is holding a fundraiser/supper in Greeleyville tonight for Andre. The Williamsburg GOP is not involved but several have been invited. To bad you going to miss some good food.