Thursday, February 11, 2010

Fuzzy Thoughts Blizzard Edition...

The Snow Must Be Clouding My Brain ......

Got another 14 inches yesterday and this morning. It came in two separate strands, so I ended up shoveling the driveway twice - then the snow plow came through at 3:30AM, leaving a 4-foot high snowbank blocking my drive again. Make that shoveled it three times..... I needed the exercise anyway........ I had to apologize to all my friends up here for the snow. I DID ask for it, and I got it.... For those of you laughing at me, don't. I already slapped a Malocchio on you guys this Summer - it's gonna be a friggin 100 degrees plus from June to Labor Day . HAHAHAHA !!!!!!!

On to other things..... So when will drinking and driving officially be termed 'pulling a Dwight Drake'?.......... I still think he looks like Tommy Lee Jones in 'Blown Away'....... The differences between Republicans and Democrats came out this week: Barack Obama uses a teleprompter to talk to schoolkids, and Sarah Palin writes notes on her palm at the Tea Party convention..... Personally, I'd write on my palm too, cause it's cheaper, but the sweat would make me think it read 'Eleanor, Bridget Fonda, Fox, Left Agassi, Sphinx..' No idea what that speech would sound like, but I bet it'd keep their attention....

I forgot to post on Clarendon County's meeting tonight. No more Blue Moon's on the Slough for me, I guess...... So the Saints beat the Colts, which makes that dog 7-0 now..... Bobby, might I suggest after your 1-8 record, you start letting Sandy pick the games. Valentine's Day is coming, and I'm going to my Aunt's house - how sad is that? Funny, while I was in SC, no girls missed me until after I left.... When you start looking at co-workers, it's time to get out! ...... My sister sent me a study by some kooks that are linking soda consumption and pancreatic cancer. Tell that to Patrick Swayze .........That reminds me, I'm thirsty for a Diet Coke......Lastly, word that Bill Clinton has two stents installed in his heart today. Looks like all those trips to McDonald's are finally starting to pay off........

.

6 comments:

west_rhino no hannah bull said...

Try the Diet-Rite or the Diet Coke with Splenda... maybe better for your pancreas. At least Dr. Lechter said the nutrisweet clashes with fava beans

Anonymous said...

BTW, re: notes on the palm, maybe Sarah needs to borrow Drew Brees wristband with the plays on it or a press secretary needs to mock Eli Manning for carrying that kind of cheat sheet on the field.

Talk among yourselves...

Anonymous said...

Mike-I seem to remember a number of times you told me that you never could get use to the heat down here. So's how's that snowy-cold thing coming for you now?? ...And remember we can go swimming long before Memorial Day while you still need heated pools in NY...and we're still waiting on the Philly Cheesesteaks!!! LOL...teg

mg said...

It was a overflow crowd at the meeting I heard

earlcapps said...

What would it be if you were drinking and driving with your notes on your hand?

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Earl, that would be 'Pulling a Caribou Barbie Drake'........