Sunday, February 28, 2010

I Wish I Could Tell You Why, But I Don't Have An Answer .....It Just Is.


Florence County Drops the Taxes On My Hoopdie ....



Love us or hate us, you have to admit we always try to be fair on an issue, unless it involves our Congressman.... A few weeks back, we got our property tax bill, and it was pretty surprising - a 43% increase from 2009 to 2010 !! We actually did see this coming after property taxes were lowered in 2008.... It's easy: one taxer leaves, another takes it's place. It's rare for taxes to ever really drop. But, we did get a bit of a surprise this week, and it was good news for once....




My car tax bill for my 2005 Avalon came in, and it is $96 LESS than in 2009! I'm a pretty tolerant person when it comes to paying taxes, so in the end result between my house and car, I paid $491 in 2009, and $472 in 2010, so netwise, my taxes were $19 less, or about 4% lower.... No, I am not about to complain.... However, I have one question: WHY ????





I actually did try to get answers, but when you're a well-known blogger, no one wants to talk to you, unless you're Britton Pruett... I e-mailed a Councilman I know, but he's kind of busy right now. Then I e-mailed my County Treasurer, who collects the money. No answer. Granted, these are not the guys who decide how much to charge, but they should be a little familiar with it, right? So, I'm left to ponder on my own.....




The only thing I can think of is the book value on my car dropped like a stone this year. Each year, I'd pay just slightly less than the year before - maybe five or ten dollars. But the car is a 2005, and five year old cars do tend to be worth much less, particularly when they crack 60,000 miles. Either that, or it's worthless because it's a Toyota..... BTW, she's still running like a champ - no unintended acceleration yet. Ray LaHood can kiss my ass.....





So, this post has been quite masturbatory: In the end, nothing happened. I have no answers, and nobody called me back to explain it. I apologize, and I'll get these five minutes of your life back somehow. I promise...............



.

4 comments:

bobby said...

saw your car, so it reminded me that Atlantic Hyundai was on CBS Sunday Morning.

bobby said...

it's because you have a defective gas pedal.

ヤフー被リンク said...

Haha, you're really a tolerant man.

Anonymous said...

I do not even know with strong your blog greatly that saved me. God bless you “Love is, above all else, the gift of oneself.” - Jean Anouilh