Saturday, February 27, 2010

Where Are Our F**king Girl Scout Cookies ?


SC6 Has the Answers On Where They Are.....
Here at SC6, we love Capitalism. We don't envy those who make more than we do, and we encourage others who strive to make an honest dollar... For about 80 years, one of the great success stories has been Girl Scout Cookies. Every year, we don't fear - WE EXPECT to be attacked by six and seven year olds hawking slightly overpriced boxes of cookies...... and we love it. Where else do you spend $3.50 for ten cookies, then have to wait two months to get them, and still get excited when they finally show up? Nowhere...
Yes, Girl Scout Cookies are the only thing that I've seen to make adults act like children who git shut out by Santa Claus at Christmas.... Case in Point: I bought three boxes back around Christmas. I can't even tell you what I got anymore by this point, but about two weeks ago, I was in the break room, and there were five boxes of Girl Scout Cookies on the counter. My first thought was, 'Cool, my cookies will be here soon' . That hasn't happened yet.... So, I asked Dawn where she got the cookies from, and here is the poop.....
First off, Dawn is a Ringer. She's worked with the Girl Scouts for 20 years, so she's the first to get her hands on a box every year. Secondly, and the main reason I am still waiting, is that the Girl Scouts have a very sophisticated distribution system set up. Yep, they have the whole efficiency set-up down pat. Each truck has one specific cookie in it. They stop in certain areas exclusively with all the trucks, and the Den Mothers and kids pick them up. For example, Dawn lives in Nassau County, NY, so she got her cookies two weeks ago. In Suffolk County, where I live, they don't get their cookies until March. That is why I am cookieless and insane. Next year they alternate back, Suffolk first, Nassau second.
So, that's your reason why you might be in Columbia, waiting on your cookies, but your cousin in Florence is already enjoying her box of Tagalongs, which along with Samoas, are the best Girl Scout cookies. I will give kudos to the new 'Thank You Berry Munch' entry as well. However, you may want to avoid the Lemon Chalet Cremes this year - unless you like stinky cookies.....
.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep posting stuff like this i really like it