Friday, January 13, 2006

Darius Rucker Goes Zoot Suitie and the Blowfish !

Sign #2 that the End Times are near: Darius Rucker, singer for Hootie and the Blowfish will be appearing solo at Francis Marion University. Be warned, he will not be breaking out the acoustic and singing about a little love and tenderness. Rucker will be performing the songs of Rat Packer Frank Sinatra. Word is that Brian Setzer is ready to sue.
For those of you Sinatra fans who still want to hit Harry Connick Jr with a shoe for career plagiarism, I give you a couple alternative lyrics.

(From Very Good Year). When I was 35....I did a very dumb thing.
(The End) And now, I end my career....and so prepare, for armageddon.
(High Hopes) Anyone knows that Darius can't.. Play without his band. He must be, high on dope.

My apologies for poor lyrics.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're forgiven for the lyrics as long as you promise not to outlaw paper money.....

...and I'll promise not to shoot you for trespassing on my blog comments...

Still, it's surely a sign of the end.

:-)

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Joshua,
If I didn't trespass on SC Hotline once in a while, I don't think anyone would come here! Besides , I'm sure you are glad you don't have to read anymore of my BS Press Releases!

Anonymous said...

No worries, mate...

was laughing too hard at your comments and had to trespass myself over here...

Thoroughbred 401k said...

I've seen Hootie once myself (New Years 2001 in Myrtle Beach), and I did pay a steep price ($75). It was pretty good, and Darius can sing.
If this is a charity concert ( which I might have missed), I can accept that. However, if this is a career move, it's bad one. Going solo is fine, but I hope he isn't planning on making a career out of this.