Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Sorry Katon, I'll Keep My $100......

Everyone get their invitation from the GOP for the Legislative Kickoff party? I went to last year's and my advice is - save your money.
For $100 , you get to hang out in the same room with your state Representatives and Senators for an hour. The problem is, a lot of them aren't there ( my Rep. was MIA ), and they really don't want to talk to you anyway. Chances are, you'll get stopped by his/her Chief of Staff and tackled to the ground before you get a word with your Senator.
Sure, it's a fundraiser for the State Party, but give me my moneysworth please! Last month, I went to the Charleston County GOP Christmas Party, and for $20 we went on a cruise with dinner, live music and dancing ( Good Job Cyndi!). I'll pay $125 for the Elephant Banquet once a year, but I'm passing on this one.

Here's a few suggestions on alternative uses for the $100:
1. Pay a little extra on the credit card bill from Christmas
2. Play 1-5 rounds of Golf ( depending on the course ).
3. Go to the movies about 10-12 times ( not including soda or popcorn).
4. Sponsor an impoverished kid for 3 months, and keep Sally Struthers from crying.
5. Buy a pasta strainer, 8 taplights, a neck pillow, a flowbee and a slew of Space Bags!
6. Purchase some kids books and donate them to a local library or Head Start.
7. Pay 7 months premium of a $250,000 10 year term life insurance policy, and protect your family's future ( 35 yr. old male, non-smoker , married). See me for details.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

don't ask how I got so far back on your blog.. just go with it.. but did you really type flowbee?