Tuesday, January 10, 2006

I Wasn't So Sunny with Mrs. Philips....

If you've been surfing around the SC Blogs you might see some comments I left for Crunchy Republican and SCGOP head cheerleader, Sunny Philips. We as humans have a knack for inadvertantly pushing someone's buttons by making what we think is a positive comment. Well, Sunny pushed mine by bringing up tonight's GOP Legislative Kickoff soiree.
I'm not a 100% partisan hack. If I see or hear a problem in my own party, I will point it out. I've posted comments on this event already, and the SCGOP financing millionaires for office, while ignoring others. Refer to them if you need to. The unfortunate part is that I need the SCGOP, and they need me. They might not think they do, but I cover 15 counties, and no single candidate covers the area like I do. The people I work with in the party feel we are enduring a new kind of oppression: Donation without Representation. We contribute, but we don't get much assistance in return.
Reading Sunny's comments made me see red, and I laid into her pretty well. She's just doing her job, and I apologize. It's just that my issues with the SCGOP go far beyond lack of support. We all try to be team players, but there are times when I'm not sure my team gets it.

No comments: