Wednesday, January 04, 2006

I'm Out of the Closet......

It was a little surreal this morning when I was doing my usual surfing. After check e-mail and the local news, I went to SC Hotline to discover that I had been "outed". I'm sure Rod Shealy intended to get some traffic over to my blog - from what I know, I have spoken well of Oscar Lovelace and Andre Bauer.
When these things happen, you worry for the first hour that everything is going to crash in, and newspapers will start calling to ask why I am doing such an "unpoliticianlike" activity, like blogging. I realized not much would come of this for the usual reason - WHO CARES??!!!
Honestly, not very many people outside of the 6th District counties care if I run or not. Outside of SC Hotline, most newspapers and TV stations don't print or attend any event that I have. So why bother blogging? Because blogging is by far the best way I know to discuss issues with people who actually care enough to talk.
I have probably driven newspaper editors in South Carolina crazy with all the letters I send - and about 90% don't get printed. Meanwhile, they print a daily dose of "Bush Lied" , "The New Bridge is Beautiful" or "People Drive Too Fast" letters. It does frustrate oneself after a while. When they won't print you, blog 'em.
Robert E. Lee always had less troops and less support than his opponents, but he would always outflank them to get an upper hand on the battlefield. Blogging is my flanking manuever. It's the only medium where money and influence does not matter. It also will let me give the Brad Warthens and Harry Logans of the world a break, so they should be grateful too!
So there, I'm out of the closet, proud of my naked Republicanism and identity. Don't expect me to stop criticizing Clyburn - chances are I know much more about him than you do. Information is power, and I welcome alternate views. For those who find success solely by winning in November , don't waste your time trying to heckle me with losing - I couldn't care less. Read the blog from my first day, and you'll know what this is about. I hope you enjoy the blog.

No comments: