Saturday, January 14, 2006

I Bury the Hatchet with Katon, and Not in His Back..

I attended the Executive Committee meeting today, and it was extremely positive. Lindsey Graham spoke, and he set the tone for the day. Disagree if you want, but keep it positive and team-oriented. Sec. of Agriculture Hugh Weathers spoke, and you can tell he's a farmer, because the man has more one liners than anyone I've ever seen ( and not just "More xxxx than Carter's has liver pills" ). Other candidates in attendance were Mike Campbell, Bob Staton and Elizabeth Moffly.
A new Second Vice Chair was chosen, with McCall receiving just one more vote than Lollis. They are both good friends, so it was a very clean process. It was a good time of politicking, and it's obvious that everyone is getting into election year mode.
At the end, Katon Dawson came up to me to say hello, and make sure everything was okay. It was a very classy thing to do, so I will refrain from badmouthing the SCGOP. Like Lindsey said, we may not agree, but we are a team, so I'll be a good soldier from here on.

No comments: