Thursday, November 02, 2006

Sanford/T-Rav/Eckstrom Tour Ends When Bus Runs Out of Gas !!!







The Campaign for Fiscal Conservatism came to a sudden halt this afternoon when the bus transporting them ran out of gas, and none of the candidates were willing to pay for filling it back up.

A large crowd gathered outside of Shaw Lumber in Florence, as the three candidates discussed why each of them couldn't pay for the gas. The notoroiously frugal Sanford claimed that his staff took off with his jacket and wallet and were already en route to the next stop. Ravenel had concerns that by paying for the gas, he would be accused of "Buying the Election" by Grady Patterson troll Trav Robertson ( apparently, Patterson does little accusing since his infamous State interview). Meanwhile, Eckstrom simply said, "I've had enough trouble with vans this year, thank you."

At last check, the three were involved in a Paper / Rock / Scissor marathon to settle the dispute. By the way, I'm pretty sure the story about Sanford's jacket is true ! Such is life on the campaign trail.......

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is very funny and good. I know and you that they flew to the upstate to meet with Rudy the Mayor my man at the moment and then went on to Columbia. I wish I could had been home as I really wanted to catch up with this bunch at their last stop.

Anonymous said...

I see that you've not gone out to eat with Mark and been around when the bill comes... ;-)

Thoroughbred 401k said...

No, I haven't had enough quality time with him for lunch, but I have heard about that! I hope this post isn't taken too seriously by those involved..

Anonymous said...

The last time I went to the Mansion Mark had some real good food and drink. I believe he is coming around. Sure glad he is protecting my tax money.

Anonymous said...

Now get out there and beat the pavement.