Friday, December 04, 2009

Fourth Rate, Top Rated - Or Both ?

We May Not be Based In Columbia, But to Blog Net News - SC6 is King Shit In South Carolina, Baby !!!!

I had a couple suprises the last 24 hours. We like plenty of other political blogs, and even if we don't agree philosophically with some of them 100% - right P-Luv? - we respect the work they put into them, and what they trying to get across. I'll be the first to admit, there are other blogs that I would rather be. I have always thought FITS is the most entertaining, Palmetto Scoop has better contacts, and Earl Capps and Voting Under the Influence make better and more well-thought out arguments.

SC6 is the second cousin of those guys. Compared to them, we are dookie - a second class act, maybe. I read all of them, and leave comments to add two cents, or just to be funny - not to try and get traffic over here. So, when I got a reply comment from a user called Stupid, Stupid,Stupid (accurate name perhaps) that called SC6 a 'fourth-rate blog' stuck in the Pee Dee, I got pissed. Yeah, we're not in Columbia - but who wants another smart-ass blog from The Vista? Everyone and his sister has blog in Columbia now, even candidates!

Maybe SC6 is a shithole of a blog, but it's my shithole, and I think it's the Pee Dee's shithole of a blog. Kind of like the dump of a convenience store that you go to because they still serve the Coke's in glass bottles - they'd switch to plastic, but they just don't know better! The funny part is that - like I said three months ago - is that I haven't set foot in South Carolina! I'm 750 miles away, still blogging about the Palmetto State - just from a little different perspective, which makes what I'm about to tell you even more amazing.....

I went onto BlogNetNews today, and SC6 is still the 12th Highest Influential Blog in SC - and among Conservative blogs, we are Top Ranked..... Numero Uno. King Shit. So, we may be in a shithole, but apparently it's a good place to be... Don't ask me why we're that well-respected. We just try to be honest, fun and find answers to problems. I'm not sure we've found an answer to anything yet, but we're working on it....

.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mike-regardless of what some people in Columbia,the beach,the low country,the upstate, where ever may say about this blog; we read your blog because you make insightful points, have a clear expression of opinion, you don't pander to a political faction in the state, you support an often over-looked part of the state and most importantly you call it like it is.

Thanks for all you do Mike,for this state,the Republican party and the people who read your blog. I understand NY should be getting some snow this weekend, stay warm,dry and safe buddy. Again congrats and stay safe...teg