Saturday, December 19, 2009

SC6 Braces For It's First Real Snow In 13 Years..


The last time I saw bad snow was the day I left New York for South Carolina - December 31, 1996. My 200 SX SER and the trailer hooked to it literally slid out of Long Island. Since then , it's snowed three times - and each time it was gone by lunchtime...
I had been hoping for some of the white stuff - but not like this. We've got 11-19 inches predicted, with it being worse the further east you go, and i'm pretty far out east. The wet stuff you guys had is the same front that is gonna dump on me this afternoon, and all night tonight. Here's how it was explained to us....
"A wet pattern coming from the Gulf of Mexico. Down from Canada, a cold front with subfreezing temperatures meetint it right over the Northeast and Atlantic. It would a catastrophic event of epic proportions. It would be ....... The Perfect Storm !!!! OK, I overdramatized.
Technically, it is a blizzard, so I finally bought gloves and a ski cap to keep my noggin from freezing. I did get a video clip of the storm as we speak - you only have to watch the first minute. I'll have pics tomorrow - if the power holds out!
.

4 comments:

mg said...

Have fun

Anonymous said...

Mike--just out of curosity are you missing our mild winters yet?? If not I think you may in the morning when you have to go to work in that mess...teg

Bobby said...

i do believe in '03 we had 2 straight days of snow in Florence.

Thoroughbred 401k said...

I do remember snow when I got my tooth pulled about that time, but it wasn't like this for sure. I think I shoveled my driveway once in SC... and it didn't take 4 hours!