Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Almost Forgot....... My Super Bowl Pick Is.......



Boy, the last 10 days went by fast. The big game will be here at last, this past weekend absolutely stunk with no football.......... It's gonna be a long spring and summer.

Anyway, onto the big game. Aside from the beer and all those $2.6 million commercials, there will be a game Sunday, and who's gonna take it? Peyton and the Colts in a walk? I'm not so sure.

Super Bowls are usually wild free for all's, because it's such a showcase that half the guys get distracted and make mistakes...... and who capitalizes on mistakes the most? The Bears D and Special Teams. Peyton Manning is still making mistakes more than he needs to, and I can see the Bears scoring a TD or two that way alone. On offense, the Bears will hide Rex Grossman enough by running, and running and running. Remember, until the playoffs, the Colts running D was more like a turnstile or a matador. Ole'...........

Anytime Manning is playing, it will be interesting enough to be close. Last year's game was pretty dull. I'd expect an interesting game this time around. Thi reminds me of the 2001 Super Bowl, where my Giants came in an overwhelming favorite over a Ravens team with a great defense, but an iffy QB. 34-7 Ravens. Give the Colts an extra 17 points for having Peyton, instead of Kerry Collins. Bears 34-24.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Bears are a seven point underdog. Therefore I'll take the Bears to win, but I'll be pulling for Indy.

Anonymous said...

oh yeah...23-21 Bears.