Monday, January 08, 2007

Can I Top Last Week's Picks? We'll Find Out....



Tony, get up and stop crying, you freakin' sissy !!

In case you missed it, I went 3-1 last weekend - I should have known better than betting against the Colts at home. My G-men went down , so I can now be completely impartial in my picks. The games get tougher from here on out, so let's if I can keep the streak going.

Patriots at Chargers. Don't bet against Tom Brady in January, but then again, these aren't the Jets. I worry about the Bolts having first game jitters, but they are faster and stronger than the Pats. If Philip Rivers plays better than Eli Manning did for 3 1/2 quarters, they'll do fine. Besides Marty Schottenheimer does okay in the first round - it's the AFC Championship he has trouble with. Chargers 27-17.

Colts at Ravens. This one will be a good one. I hate Ray Lewis, but I wish the Giants had him. Watching him chase Peyton Manning all day will be something to watch. With a defense like Baltimore has, there will much less pressure on Steve McNair to produce, but he'll find enough holes in the Colts' D to find a way. Ravens 23-16.

Seahawks at Bears. I know, home field advantage means a lot.... Almost as much as a good quarterback! Rex Grossman's play has been scary lately. The Bears beat the Hawks earlier this year without Shaun Alexander ( who looks a little hurt ), and Seattle is looking for revenge. Don't expect the Bears D to score double digits. Do expect an upset. Seahawks 24-13.

Eagles at Saints. This could be most entertaining game of the week. Inside on the turf, both teams could put up a lot of points. One problem for the Eagles....... they just got past the Giants, who looked pretty weak the whole second half of the season. The Saints D is decent, but they have Drew Brees, Reggie Bush , Joe Horn, Marques Colston, Deuce McAllister, Boardwalk and Park Place on offense. Against Philly's small secondary, they will roll on offense. Too much firepower from this year's feel good story. Saints 41-24.

There they are. Don't agree? I don't blame you! Put your picks in comments..

3 comments:

Joshua Gross said...

I think you'll go 3-1 this week... I don't see te 'Hawks scoring two TDs against the Bears' D, much less 24 points. Da Bearssss will pull that one out.

Agree on the Ravens, the Saints, and my beloved Chargers...

Anonymous said...

no comment

Anonymous said...

.250 this weak.