Tuesday, January 09, 2007

SC Democratic Party Math: $150 x 10 = $2500 ???



With plans like this, is it any wonder the SCDP ran out of cash?

It seems the SC Democratic Party is having a fundraiser soon, and as it's been told to me, the logic for ticket prices makes no sense whatsoever. The general rule is the more tickets you buy, the cheaper they are. Not in the twisted logic that is the Democratic Party..

The tickets are $150 each, but if you buy a group of 10, they are $2500, which is.....uh.........$250......dollars.........each. I don't get it either. My guess is maybe the get to keep the centerpiece , or they can take the chairs home with them.

Now, if I have to pay an extra $100 a ticket to have my picture taken with Jim Hodges or Dick Riley, I'll pass. Any explanations?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

are they going to charge for the first debate at sc state in orangeburg

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a pyramid scheme to me, what's the part about draggin a wagon around th' 'hood selling detergent an' handin' out Clinton pamplets?

Anonymous said...

Mike, this is som eof the "new math" intended to confirm that economics is rocket science and the voodoo and mumbo jumbo of expalining the figures as deriving from the derivation of the mean value theorem...

else, they expect everyone that would buy the group of 10 to be a publik skule graddiate wif' a 6th grade eddekashen like Jethro Bodine.

ForReino2006 said...

It makes you wonder if everything in this state is caculated that way. I think I would have skipped that dinner too!

Anonymous said...

Imagine how they'd mark up the peso dollar menu items or a happy meal...

Anonymous said...

Mike, was that $2500 for a table of 10? It may be an option to keep from having to sit next to Castro's amigo Senor Clyburn or Maggie Glover. You buy the table, you can say who sits next to you, you could even bring Earl, Gary and moye...

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Gary won't be seen in public with me.......It's bad for his image.

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Gary won't be seen in public with me.......It's bad for his image.