Tuesday, January 09, 2007

I Guess Miss America Isn't Like the Olympics.... Miss South Carolina as Shillmeister !!



If you remember an post from last year, Miss Florence, Shelley Bryson Benthall won the Miss South Carolina Pageant, and will vie for Miss America. Now, I've never had a Miss Anything live in my town, so I've always viewed the Miss America pageant as an amateur event, where they are doing it for scholarship money. I suppose I got it wrong, because Shelley is on TV all the time, huckstering for Palmetto Nissan and for a local Rug Shop.

Now, I know the rule of thumb in business is to strike while the iron is hot, but it seems to me that there is a certain decorum with the title, and to use it to make money right now selling cars and rugs cheapens it. Sure, once the Miss America pageant is over, be my guest and rake it in, but right now was poor timing. Maybe it's me.....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys need to hire her for a commercial selling your cars. Coming to you from good old Pittsburgh today if she was here she would be wearing a coat for sure.

Anonymous said...

Mike, you could have the Trump 'do, PO Roise and maybe have Shelly's attention... NAAAAAHHH!

Thoroughbred 401k said...

It isn't too warm here either, Moye.
Bevis' - no doubt about it!

ForReino2006 said...

I see they don't base any pageant or the Miss America pageant on looks anymore....but rather who's got the fattest piggy bank!