Tuesday, March 31, 2009

And It Keeps Getting Better !!

Which Trash Can Would You Rather Have ???

You know, it's the little things that make life better.. First I got rid of my ugly old license plate. Today, I pull up my driveway, and what's there but a brand new trash can - and not a minute too soon.....

How old is the can that we had? Well, I've been in Flotown for 12 years, and I never got a trash can this old. My guess is that this was the original garbage can from when the house was built in 1992... Since I've been here, the can had been run over twice, and as you can see, the lid no longer closes flush. It's also about half the size of the new can. Two bags of trash, and the can is full....

So, how did I get a new can without even calling the city and asking? My guess is P-Luv passed by my house, saw the can, and immediately called Mayor Old Wooden Head, and VOILA !!! New trash can... Man, I have pull !

.

6 comments:

mg said...

We would love to have your old can in the alley in Greeleyville

pluvlaw said...

During the primary challenge, you know the complicated system Frank's 8 lawyers came up with on seeing if people were city residents? Asking them what color trash can do they had.

Sophisticated legal strategery at its finest.

Anonymous said...

Well, pluv, that may not carry up the totem pole to the State Election Commission, at least two other "political subdivisions" were givene a cease and desist from using that as a rule of thumb as to city or PSD residency... allegedly "overzealous" city workers are not unknown to have distributed "free" cans, like those pictured, to new neighborhoods in unincorporated areas... tax bills were then sent which tripped off a hail of angry property owners told they were going to be in PSD, curious some of these shell games

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Ahh yes! Windsor Forest and the like has long been a target of the City of Florence....

Anonymous said...

The question begs to be saked, whose finger did you pull...

Thoroughbred 401k said...

I dunno, but it's smelled like Broccoli ever since....