Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Where Is Bobby Cain ?


Sometimes, we need to take a second out of our busy lives to really look around, and take notice of things. I found that out today.. All week, I've seen flyers around town about a missing elderly Florence man. I saw it in the Food Lion on Sunday, but it was a few aisles down, so I bypassed it. Then today, customer of mine had a couple of them taped to her car windows, so I finally looked at them. "Nope, I don't know him".....
I was wrong. When I saw the report on Channel 13 today, they mentioned that he lives on Edgewood Avenue, and it all came back to me. Tommy Cain lived about three houses from me when I lived there two years ago. He would always walk around the neighborhood, although he would rarely talk, he always had a smile for you. No one has seen him since last Wednesday, when he went to the Krispy Kreme on West Palmetto, about five blocks from is home. Reports have his being seen at the IHOP at Magnolia Mall later that night - close to two miles from his home.
There are lots of places where he could have gotten lost, and he hasn't had his medications for a while. There is a chance he will be OK, but time is running out. Hopefully, he hasn't met with foul play, but the possibility exists. maple Park is a hard place for it's residents. They are mostly elderly, and are prone to attacks from the gang banger kids that are a 1 minute bike ride away on Waverly Avenue. It's happened before. Two years ago, a 75 year old woman who lived literally around the corner from Tommy Cain was murdered in her home. I used to see her a lot as well on my way to work too..
If you have any information that can help, call Crimestoppers at 667-TIPS. And pray for Tommy's safe return...
.

No comments: