Thursday, March 12, 2009

There's Just Something About Chicks & Pianos..

Yeah, I Like Sarah McLachlan ....... Sue Me !!

Call me silly, call me sissy, call me worse - but there's just something about a girl playing a piano and singing that turns me on. I'm no Emo fairy guitar player either. I rock, and I rock hard, but I love chicks and pianos.

It doesn't matter - it started with Tori Amos (probably the red hair), then Sarah McLachlan, and it keeps up all the way to Norah Jones, Alicia Keys, and even chicks with acoustics like Lisa Loeb and Colbie Caillat. OK, I am a sissy...Hey, at least I never went to Lillith Fair.....

Where did this all start? I thought about it today, and I think it goes back to college and Laura Mackenzie. She was my first young adult crush when we worked together at the beach. At a party, we all got a bit drunk, and she played and sang 'The Rainbow Connection' on piano. I think she's a doctor now...

Why am I telling you guys this? Because I can listen to them all day long at work - or anything else that I want. No offense to Ed Palmer, but radio sucks. Satellite radio is better, but you have no control over the programming, and you can't take it into work. So, what's a musicophile supposed to do? Pandora !!

What is Pandora? It's an internet radio station that you can get online - for free. Just Google Pandora, and it takes you to the website. From there, you make your own radio station simply by choosing artists, songs or albums. Each channel then plays artists from the same genre, and SAVES the station PERMANENTLY for you. You come back the next day, all of your stations are there. You don't like an artist they picked, skip it - or delete it for good.

Now at work, i get to listen to all the music I want ! I have my Faith No More channel, and channels for Korn, Bon Jovi, Tom Jones, Johnny Cash, Nirvana..... and even my Chicks & Pianos channel! If you have a computer at work - and your bosses are cool with it - Pandora Radio kicks ass !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akjHwk9ur2Q

.

3 comments:

pluvlaw said...

You should check out Aslyn. Von is a big Chris Isaak fan and Aslyn opened for him 2 years ago at the MB House of Blues. She rocked. Tickled the hell out of the ivories and she is hot. 493-1023 & Wally rocked the house.

Check it:

http://music.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=music.artistalbums&artistid=13475212&albumid=9640529&ap=0

Anonymous said...

Mike you need to hook up with a female flautist, given the training one endures for their embrochure...

Anonymous said...

Norah Jones oh yea