Saturday, June 21, 2008

Out With The Old......



Say Goodbye to the Old Hilton Head Island Honda.....





Greetings from Hilton Head ! For the first time in the four months since I started working here, I stayed for the weekend. The traffic here is terrible.... Apparently, half of Ohio, Pennsylvania and Tennessee are here today.





It's been a long week here. I darned near lost my job this week - again !! Not quite the same reason as last time. Yep, I lost my temper. Nope, I didn't get mad at a customer. Nope, I didn't use foul language. While it was out of my head after it was over, two of my co-workers decided to have an intervention in the waiting room while I was writing the Juneteenth blog post. After I had already clocked out for the day...... Needless to say, I wasn't too happy about the timing and being blindsided, so I let them both have it.





Some of what I said was justified, but I did do something wrong on the job, and they were basically doing what they tought was right, misguided though it may have been. This happened Thursday, and neither spoke to me for most of Friday, as we were packing for the move. I could have stayed home today and left them stranded to pack the stuff up, but that would not have been the Team Player way of doing things, so I helped out where I could. Luckily, i have made a big impact on the department's profitability, so it saved me from my big mouth - for now.
The move today was pretty hectic. It was muggy, and there was a lot to do. We had to pack up the ENTIRE parts department, load it on the trucks, unload it and RESTOCK all of the parts. It took about 8 hours before I had to leave, and I guarantee some of them are still going tonight...
But it's worth it. The dealership is pretty awesome. I have a new computer, a lunch room and we'll have an ice cream machine too. The only downside is my desk is in the service drive, so there is no air conditioning. :(
Want to check it out? You'll have to wait til Monday, when we bring you......
Welcome to the TajMaHonda !!!!!
.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

what are they going to do with the land at the old dealership

Thoroughbred 401k said...

They're going to build the other buildings next to ours eventually. After that, they'll raze the buildings and sell it off - then the local gov't can put whatever they want there. Probably an office building.

Anonymous said...

sounds like an idea

Britton said...

i was thinking.. an ice cream machine really??

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Yep. It's not here yet, but it's on the way. we're NOT QUITE fat enough.