Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The Curse of Reino Strikes Again !!!



What Does Roger Clemens' Downfall Have to Do With My Dog? More Than You Might Think ......
I have some bad juju , my friends... If I were you guys, I'd avoid me like the plague. Why? Because everything that is associated with me, even on a secondary level, is cursed. Need proof? Right after I got hired by a Roy Rogers restaurant, Roy died. I bought my first Les Paul guitar, then Les died a week later. Then there's Roger Clemens......
If you've been reading SC6 for awhile, you've met my dog, Rocket. How did I get the name? Well, Bobby got his brother at the same time, and he named his dog Ripken, after Cal Ripken - probably the greatest ambassador has ever had. So, I thought I'd name him after a baseball player too. Being a Yankee fan, it had to be a Yankee. So I decided on Rocket. It had the same letter as Ripken, it sounded cool, and he was a Yankee. At the time , Clemens' reputation was pretty spotless - he was a surefire Hall of Famer, and he seemed happily married back then. Keep in mind, this was only a year ago.
Almost immediately after gettign Rocket, Clemens' world started to fall apart. Steroids, testifying before Congress, looking bad on 60 Minutes, not getting resigned, and now details of a decade long affair with singer Mindy McCready , and McCready is not denying a word of it. Roger is definitely up Shit Creek folks - and it may be all my fault.
If would have named my dog Jeter, a National Enquirer article on Derek would probably have come out that he was a gay terrorist - and that he corked his bat. I'm going to re-name Rocket to save face for him. From now on, call him Hillary Obama....
.

No comments: