Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Recognize This 'American Hero' ?


When I got back to Hilton Head Sunday night, I found this doll on the coffee table. I couldn't recognize who it was, but the tag read 'American Hero'.... After a few minutes, I figured out who it was - John Kerry !!
Yep. Kerry, or as my brother Matt referred to him as "that guy who ran for President", got abused a little back in 2004 for his Swift Boat episode, and part of it was a doll. Lil Kerry even has a button that plays Lee Greenwood's "God Bless the USA" when pressed.
Four years ago, he was goin gto be the answer to America's prayers - now most can't even remember his name. How quickly they forget.............
.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reino:

Just so you know...you didn't kill Les Paul when you purchased your guitar! He is still very much alive and well and will be playing on Monday night May 5, 2008 like he does every Monday night at Iridium Jazz Club in NYC. You should feel better about your bad juju.

Thoroughbred 401k said...

My apologies to Les. I think he might have had a heart attack or something back then, and I wrote him off.


There are other examples, but most of them don't come to mind right now...

Anonymous said...

Don't let Rocket chew on that toy... looks like a lead laden piece of cheap Chinese prison labor product.

Thoroughbred 401k said...

This is actually at Matt's place in Hilton Head. It's been sent back to it's rightful owner.