Thursday, January 29, 2009

A Bad Economy Can Affect Life In Really Strange Ways Sometimes, Can't It?





What Do the Girl Scouts and the Mailman Have to Do With a Crappy Economy? Read Here, and We'll Explain It, Wise -Ass !!!

OK, I have no idea what they have to do with each other... Yeah, I'm kidding! By now, you know that I have ALL THE ANSWERS ... Well, maybe not, but I do find out about the useless things.

Like Barack Obama says, we all have to find a way to do more with less, and to make sacrifices. Hell, I haven't had a lap dance in at least six months, so I'm doing my part... Aside from me, there will be more noticable changes is various aspects of everyday life coming... Some more noticeable than others.

The most noticable? How about only getting mail delivered five days a week, instead of six? Personally, i can't remember not getting mail on Saturdays, but the Postmaster General has officially put in a request for it...With news like that, don't be surprised to see 45 cent stamps anyday now too.

How about a less obvious example? Girl Scout Cookies. I shit you not - Girl Scout Cookies !! Soon, the little hucksters will be terrorizing you to buy another 500 boxes of those yummy cocoanut and chocolate wonders, or else they won't make it to the Annual Jamboree... How much do those kids get paid anyway for selling those cookies. Sorry, my ADD got the best of me there for a second....

Anyway, the boxes of ccokies will be getting smaller - or at least the size of what's inside. Yep, depending on the brand, you will be getting between 2-4 less cookies in each box, which by my calculations means that you'll be getting about 4-6 cookies in each box. Now those kids will know what my job is like for a while - Customer Service sucks, doesn't it, Emily and Jennifer ????

Yep, we truly lived in the Salad Days, didn't we? Now it's all over. Soon, i'm going to be sitting at home on a Saturday afternoon, craving a box of Tagalongs, and waiting for the mail that isn't coming.... Damn.

.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am ok with it

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Yeah, I usually get a couple days a week of empty mailbox's, so 5 days shouldn't bother me. I'm still pissed about the cookies - Lil' Bitches.