Saturday, January 03, 2009

SC6 Picks the NFL Divisional Playoffs..


Matt Ryan and Atlanta Kick Off the Playoffs Against Arizona....
Get ready for one hell of a playoff season. How do I know that? Because I know everything about football.. Well, maybe not everything, but this year there is no clear cut favorite. Who didn't know New England was going to the Super Bowl last year. This year, who knows?? Although overall there should be some great matchups, the first round seems ass backwards. All the home teams should lose, thanks to the goofy division champ rule. Here's our picks:
Atlanta at Arizona
Kurt Warner got me through most of Fantasy Football season, but he and the Cardinals have limped into the playoffs, and they clearly look like they're happy just to be here. Matt Ryan is the real deal, and the Falcons have a pretty strong secondary, and Arizona struggles if they can't throw all day. Yeah, the game is in Arizona, but the Falcons are the better team. Falcons 27-21.
Indianapolis at San Diego
In a rematch from last year, the Colts take on the team that was supposed to be winning it all this year. I'll predict it now - the Colts are going back to the Super Bowl. Peyton Manning is playing like ...uh, Peyton Manning. The Chargers got in by default - they beat a slumping Tampa Bay and Denver teams. They shouldn't even be here - New England should. Indy has the talent, and they are out for revenge against the team that knocked them out last year. I smell a thumping....Colts 37-17.
Baltimore at Miami
This is the only game I'm not positive how it will go. Both teams have been hot, both have QB's who manage games and don't make mistakes. But the Ravens have the better D, and Joe Flacco is starting to come into his own. Chad Pennington has done a great job, but his arm is a bit weak to beat the Ravens. Flacco has a rocket for an arm, so he can stretch the Dolphins D out in warm Miami. Then again, one mistake can change it all...Ravens 20-13.
Philadelphia at Minnesota
Yes, i'm picking all four road teams. Yes, I've lost my mind, but all these games look like mismatches to me. The Eagles just snuck in, but they're not plying like they're happy to be here. They have someting to prove, and I feel bad for the Vikings tomorrow. Adrian Peterson is a great running back, but the most productive guy on the field is the Eagles' Brian Westbrook, and he's healthy. He'll take all the pressure off Donovan McNabb, and it will all move over to the Vikes' Tarvaris Jackson, who hasn't faced pressure like this in the weak NFC North... Eagles 28-10.
.

7 comments:

pluvlaw said...

Mike, I have accepted your challenge and have posted my own picks.

Good day, sir. I said GOOD DAY!

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Your Welcome, Mr. Wonka. Say hello to the Oompa Loompas - and to Mayor Hickory Head..

Anonymous said...

I hope Miami win

Thoroughbred 401k said...

You're not the only one, Moye. I can think of four of you already..


Boy, I'm doing a pretty crappy job picking so far... 0-2.

pluvlaw said...

I almost picked SD when I saw that the LT injury was worse than thought. But then I figured...no way he doesn't go, not after last year. So I thought he'd play and hurt them even more. Turns out, he manned up and pulled himself, letting Sproles go.

God as my witness...if that report says LT out, Sproples to start, I pick the Bolts.

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Well, I recovered from my bad saturday today. 2-2 is okay. But, so much for the Colts in the Super Bowl..

Anonymous said...

super bowl = steelers v. eagles