Saturday, January 31, 2009

What the Hell Is Shatner Saying, And What Language Is He Saying It In?

It's Back....... Time For The Return of 'Shatner Wars' !!!

We bloggers are a quirky and tight fraternity. Of all the bloggers I talk shop with, Earl Capps is my closest buddy. Where my blog usually just scuffs the surface of a topic, and I occasionally take a trip down Immature Avenue, Earl's posts are more in-depth, professional and smarter - except when he gets on a William Shatner kick....

Earl and I had a month long run of back and forth Shatner clips last year - some better than others...I'm skimming across The Blogland, and there it was - a new Shatner-related YouTube clip. Not being one to pass up on a challenge - friend though it be - I went to work. Here is what I got....

This is a trailer for the 1966 cult film. 'Incubus', starring The Shat. The unique thing about this movie, aside from the classic 1960's horror film quality, is that it is the only filmed spoken entirely in Esparanto. I have no idea what Esparanto is, but I heard that it's a language that is entirely made up, with no basis whatsoever.... I think that makes it blogworthy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AW7AuyIwN2A&feature=related

.

9 comments:

earlcapps said...

Hold the train there.

Maybe you take trips down Immature Avenue, but I LIVE there.

Oh yeah, let's not forget all the crap you gave me at my graduation party roast - it will be remembered, and when the time comes, the scales of injustice shall be righted - live for our home audience.

Until then, live long and prosper.

Thoroughbred 401k said...

That retribution may never happen.. Don't I have to accomplish SOMETHING to earn a roast ???

Anonymous said...

Mike you keep putting these Shatner stuff up and we will be having a roast all right

Thoroughbred 401k said...

C/mon Dad, it wasn't me.. HE started it !!

Anonymous said...

apoligize, admit defeat to earl or sucker punch him and get it over

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Hmmmmmm.... There's a thought.

earlcapps said...

Thanks Moye, you're all heart.

Anonymous said...

you welcome Earl

Anonymous said...

technically, esperanto is the language spoken in the moorish region of africa or morocco.

fyi