Saturday, January 31, 2009

Super Bowl XLIII: Steelers vs. Cardinals !








Can Troy Polamalu Stop Larry Fitzgerald ??

Alright folks, the big game is just about here. Steelers and the Cards.. Nearly all of my friends are Steeler fans, so while I feel glad for them getting this far, I'm not sure I can deal with a Steeler win. However, I may not have a choice.

So, who's going to win? It is an interesting comparison. You know what to expect from the Steeler D, but the Cards sure can throw the ball. Then again, Kurt Warner can definitely get thrown off of his game by a pass rush like Pittsburgh's. But, the Cardinal D has been playing over their heads all post season too. Then again...

So, who am I picking? I'll say this: The Cardinals remind me a lot of the Giants last year. They're peaking at the right time, and they have the best player on the field - WR Larry Fitzgerald. They may call Troy Polamalu 'The Beast', but Fitzgerald just catches EVERYTHING thrown his way.. Also, I think the Steelers offense is too vanilla, and Arizona might have an easier time than with the other teams they've played. Pittsburgh hasn't had to deal with an Offense like the Cards all year, and the track in Tampa will be very fast. They won't be playing on that slop in Heinz Field tomorrow.

Do I really believe all this? No, not really. But, I have a Steeler fan buddy who i superstitious as all hell, and I'm sure he would think I'd hex the Steel Curtain by picking them, so I'm going with the Cardinals. I couls still put the Malocchio on Arizona, but time is running out...Cardinals 27-24 in OT.

Here's some kids who disagree with me - but i do have to give them credit for picking a Pat Benatar song.. And not using Guitar Hero. Thanks, Bob.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkTflRQzCZg

.

7 comments:

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Yes Stranger, my blog is pretty cool. Not as cool as me, but cool nonetheless!

That is one Killer Poodle you have there...

Anonymous said...

the az team will win

Thoroughbred 401k said...

You do love those Cardinals, no matter what city they play for...

Don't fret P-Luv, it took me 1800 posts for the Killer Poodle to notice me. I'm still waiting for the Big Guys to notice me...

pluvlaw said...

What is this blashpemous crap? An asian dude taking Steve Perry's place? That ain't natural! When did this happen?! If Congress is getting into Steroids, surely they can get into this nonsense.

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Guess I need to watch the NBC pregame instead of the NFL Network

pluvlaw said...

I'm watching NBC, since I'm trying to live blog it. Interesting note: Alex Hannigan (FLannigan, something like that), the hot blonde that hosts the NFL Networks stuff when Rich is off is one of the bazillion folks reporting for NBC. I hope she's just being borrowed. I dig her on the Network. Plus, Rich had a spot for Turbo Tax, so its nice to get him some national love. He's done a hell of a job on channel 212.

Anonymous said...

STEELER NATION BABY!