Saturday, January 10, 2009

The NFL Playoffs Kick Into Overdrive ...


Can ECU Grad Chris Johnson Lead The Titans Over Baltimore ?
How tired was I last night? I forgot to post on the playoffs today! Last week, I went 2-2, thanks to a bad Saturday. This week is going to be much tougher. With the exception of Arizona, I think any of the other seven teams could make the Super Bowl. How will it go? Let's find out...
Ravens at Titans
The weather is great, but this still should be a tight, low scoring game. Both defenses are very tough, although have had a few ames where they got run on. The one that can run will win, but can they? That leaves it up to the QB's. You might think I'm kinda nuts on this one, but I give the edge to Ravens rookie QB Joe Flacco over veteran Kerry Collins. He's a better game manager, and Collins has been apt to throw the big interception - especially against Baltimore.
Ravens 17-9.
Cardinals at Panthers
The Panthers have a real chance at getting to the Super Bowl, because they really had the Giants dead to rights a few weeks ago. This one will be much higher scoring than the early game. Arizona has too many weapons to not put up at least a few points, but their D won't be able to stop the Panthers running game, or Steve Smith. Jake Delhomme isn't the greatest QB on the planet, but he'll get the ball into everyone else's hands enough to win.
Panthers 27-20.
Eagles at Giants
This one has me against nearly every friend and relative I have. Personally, I'm tired of everyone picking the Eagles. They're the flavor of the week, but they still only beat the Giants by 6. The G-Men want revenge badly after Brian Westbrook ran all over them last month, and they'll get it. It won't be easy, but Eli Manning will put together a good game, Brandon Jacobs is back to pound the Eagles D , and the Giants will finally get the sacks they failed to get in both regular season games.
Giants 20-17.
Chargers at Steelers
Anyone up for another 11-10 game? I didn't think so. LaDainian Tomlinson is out for the game, and that hurts the Chargers more than you think. P-Luv. Yes, Darren Sproles has been every bit as good as LT this year, but unlike the Colts, the Steelers didn't have to prepare for LT. Also, Heinz Field is notoriously the slowest track in the NFL. That field is like running at the beach... Big Ben Roethlisberger will do like Manning, Delhomme and Flacco - win the game without the big, gaudy stats... A little throwing, a little Willie Parker - and a lot of D.
Steelers 21-13
.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow just think the panthers could win it all

Thoroughbred 401k said...

They gotta win tonight first.

Anonymous said...

Bummer, that the Panthers lost.Delhomme was just not with it last night! Though I can see the Giants going all the way and winning the superbowl. Can't do the scoring thing. Not that talented.

Thoroughbred 401k said...

I'm not going to say it. Last week, i said the Colt would make it, this week I said the Panthers could. My lips are sealed...

Anonymous said...

Well, so much for I thought! That is two in a row for me. I thought the Panthers were going to win. Guess I have to stop thinking!

Anonymous said...

Yeah Steelers!!

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Well, another 2-2 weekend. That makes it 4-4 so far. I need to work on my crystal ball...