Thursday, January 01, 2009

Let's Try This Again....


As we finally closed the book on 2008, it's time to quickly review and reflect,and to plan on how to make 2009 better. Experts say that the best way to achieve any goal is to put in writing, so i put it here on the blog every year...
I took a look at last year's, and some I achieved, and some I didn't. Let's review quickly:
1. Find a job and keep it all year. Well, i got half of it.
2. Keep off the weight I lost. Got that one, and even lost a couple more.
3. Get a steady girlfriend. Uhhhhh......
4. Do soemthing constructive as GOP Vice Chair. Some might argue I did that when I quit the post !!
5. Pay back everyone I money to by March. I must have meant March, 2009. Boy those extra 2 months without work really throw a monkey wrench into your plans !
So, for 2009 we're going to revise some of these, and maybe add a new wrinkle or two...
1. Keep the Job All Year.
2. Lose the Last 15 Pounds and Get to 165.
3. Where Is that Girlfriend?
4. Get Out and Visit My Friends
5. Smile More
This might seem like I'm setting the bar pretty low, but with my track record, Number 1 isn't a given.... Number 2 means getting exercise - I better fix that bike. Number 3 might never happen, but if I fix the others, that one will probably take care of itself. Now that I can afford gas again, maybe I can take more trips to Graham Slough, Charleston and other places I haven't been....More importantly, here are my wishes for you guys....
Bobby - You already got blessed this year with Caitlin, so we'll just pray for health, a good job for Jeannie and that you get out of Brandon Woods !
Earl - Rick Beltram was pretty quiet, so i gt my wish. This year, may all your water faucets magically become Beer Taps!
Rhino - May Bill & Hillary come out and admit that all your conspiracy theories are correct, and give you all the credit.
Moye - We'll try it again. Four Words: Clemson Tigers - National Champs!!
Ms. X - Like last year, Peace, Happiness a 4.0, and may I see your Baby Blues and that new body again soon.
P-Luv - success on the blog, and may your pal Stephen give Florence City Goverment a big enema, and start seeing some progress downtown.
Liz- continued comments, and I hope you find a guy that will make you happy.
Barack Obama- May the economy pick up, so we don't have to mortgage our kids financial futures on $800 Billion more today.
Our Troops - You've just about got the victory. May you all come home in 2009...
I'll check back on these next year....
.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

ummmm...I'm right there with ya on mine and the one for P-Luv. Seems that al of thses small towns around us (Bennettsville...Mullins, etc) have nice downtown areas, and the largest city in the region if a freakin' dump downtown.

pluvlaw said...

I grew up in the 'Wood. Of course, that was a long time ago when only half of Trent Drive had houses on it.

I still remember riding back through there once we had moved and seeing where builders had hauled in piles of dirt to the lots past our house that used to be woods and laughing with my mom. They were having to fill in all the fox holes and trenches we had dug in the area. Those woods saw more action than the Ardennes...

pluvlaw said...

As to the enema for City govt, I think it already started. Plus, if you look at how badly Wukela beat Ed and Billy in their own backyards (afterall, the Frank was "their mayor" and Ed ridiculously stated he was for Rocky b/c Wukela would "create racial disparities"), it tells you just how much sway those fellas still have: none. They're gonna have to answer to their folks again soon.

As for making a downtown, I think the Council's work session on the abandoned property issue is next week. That should make the Council meeting the week of the 12th a fun one.

earlcapps said...

Mike - come on now, I'm looking for money taps. If I get those, I can get beer, women, or pretty much anything else I need.

Anonymous said...

You are always welcome on my boat.

Thoroughbred 401k said...

If I could make money taps, I'd have done it a LONG time ago!

earlcapps said...

Moye, for one to be on your boat, you have to be in town first.

Anonymous said...

Earl not true you can get on the boat you just cant go nowhere. Right now it is in Greeleyville for the Winter

Thoroughbred 401k said...

That's true. I hopped in it last week, and did my Washington Crossing the Delaware routine ..


Speaking of motorboating, heard from Britton lately?