Wednesday, February 11, 2009

$789 Billion, Do I Hear $789 Billion ??? SOLD !!

The House and Senate Reconcile Their Bills, Wait On Obama to Sign

OK, it's all official now. The House and Senate leadership have hammered out a final version of the economic stimulus package, with a final tally of $798 Billion. Hey , at least they kept it from starting with a T, right?

I've been pretty steady on what i think needs to be done. This package could have easily been made at half of this total. I just heard Sen. Susan Collins call spending $798 Billion being 'fiscally responsible'.... Yikes ! At the local GOP meeting, the amount of concern by most people with the passing of this bill was palpable. Many Republicans are convinced that we have just signed America's death warrant. I'm not as negative, but I do think we just spent way more money than we should have.

What say you? Is this the right thing, or is the the Beginning of The End?

.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is real bs